Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-dw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I noticed that my battery wasn't charging above 94%, (it was stuck on 94% for at least an hour while it was on the charger). I unplugged it, ran the battery down to 80%, plugged it back in and the same thing happened. So I unplugged it and ran the battery down to 0% and it shut down by itself.

I plugged it in and it charged to 90% and then stopped charging. So I repeated the cycle, ran the battery down to 0%, and plugged it in. This time it would only charge to 89%. It seems that calibration isn't working. I ran the HP diagnostic tool to test the battery and nothing unusual popped up. 

I'm currently running the memory extensive test as suggested on one of the troubleshooting web pages. 

I'd really appreciate if someone could shed some light on the issue, or explain what exactly is happening. I've only had the laptop for 2 weeks, but it was a display unit, not entirely brand new. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Aecetia Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are only able to charge up to 89%.

Please provide the correct product number.

(Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

Meanwhile, also, try the below: 

Steps to uninstall the ACPI drivers 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Batteries>then select the s drivers and right-click on it and uninstall all battery drivers. 

Then restart the computer and check again. 

Link for battery testing and calibration 

Please update the BIOS.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen, 

Thank you very much for your reply and the information you provided.

I have followed all the steps you mentioned (uninstalling the ACPI drivers, updating BIOS, and following the Battery testing and calibration directions), and now the battery is charging to 90% but going no higher than that.

I have also updated the original post to reflect the product number (I hope this is the correct one).

Any other tips on how to fix it? 

HP Recommended

@Aecetia

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.