Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Compaq 2210b
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Trying to help boss who has has Compaq 2210b laptop on Vista OS (yes old but barely used!) that will not charge. Works fine on AC but does not charge at all.  Have purchased new battery and still nothing.  Have tried all "Help" suggestions other than BIOS replacement.  Seems to indicate system board replacement.  Is there anything else I can try?  Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it won't charge while it is turned off and connected to a power adapter, then the problem is hardware related and is most likely to be a system board issue. The operating system has nothing to do with the not charging issue when it hasn't even been booted up..

The notebook does not have enough current value to really warrant making an investment that is more than half of its value.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If it won't charge while it is turned off and connected to a power adapter, then the problem is hardware related and is most likely to be a system board issue. The operating system has nothing to do with the not charging issue when it hasn't even been booted up..

The notebook does not have enough current value to really warrant making an investment that is more than half of its value.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

It boots up fine with the AC, but dies the minute you remove the cord.  As you say it must bve a system board issue. Thx for assistance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.