Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is plugged in and the icon shows it is plugged in but it is not charging. I'm not sure about the OS but it is Windows 10 but don't know  whether it's 64 or 32 bit.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Is your power adapter original?

HP Recommended

Yes it is. I only bought it about 3 weeks ago.

HP Recommended

In this case, you can download the battery management program from the official website, and then set the threshold to see if it returns to normal. Other solutions can be tried: 1. Shut down, unplug the power supply, unplug the battery, plug in the power supply, and then turn it on; 2. Turn off the machine again, unplug the power supply, install the battery, and plug in the power supply. At this time, you should see the battery indicator light, indicating that it can be charged normally; 3. Then turn it on, it should show that the power is on and it is charging. 4. If it doesn't work anymore, right-click the power option, then click Change advanced power settings, then select "Yes" for battery use, and click OK to exit.

HP Recommended

Hi there

i have the same issue as the OP and have tried the work around above but not no luck. My laptop is a few years old, but have recently replaced the battery as I thought that would solve the original problem but no luck! Even thought it was a dodgy replacement battery so have replaced that! I do t really want to buy a new laptop but am struggling with what to do next ? TIA 

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try this later. I find it ludicrous that I should need to go through all of that with a laptop that's no more than a month old and should be able to charge for my time and effort. Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.