Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Only a few months old, my HP Pavilion X360 had a hard disk failure. I sent it in for repairs under warranty, and it was repaired and shipped back to me two days ago. But HP did not require ME--the person they were shipping it to-- to sign for the delivery. It asked only for an "indirect" signature. I live in an apartment building, and the request for an "indirect" signature meant a building manager could sign for it. And of course she left the computer in an open room that anyone has access to. And, surprise! Someone walked off with it.

When I send a $700 computer to HP, I expect it to be shipped back to ME -- SECURELY. Requiring only an indirect signature -- a signature of someone I don't even know -- is NOT secure shipping. Write "Direct signature required" -- that's all it takes! -- and FedEx or UPS will either get my signature, or, if I am not home, leave a message for me to pick up my computer at their facility. Easy!

BEWARE: You might not get your computer back if you ship it to HP for repairs, and they will shrug and say "Not my problem" . They need to send me a laptop to replace the one they lost with their insane shipping policy: Really, you don't return the laptop to the person who sent it to you? I never authorized someone else to sign for my computer and just leave it for someone to take. I have been an HP customer for years, but I feel burned by this and will NEVER purchase an HP product again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.