Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I spilt black coffee (no sugar or milk) on laptop keyboard. Everything functions as normal but I wasn't able to find a service that would perform a check. Is there anything else I can do?

Best,

K

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can we have the full model number? Need to get the Service manual. The smart thing to do is to stop using it and remove the keyboard to assess how much liquid got in under the keyboard. Often liquid damage does not show up right away so you are not in the clear yet. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Model number: 7WB21EA

If you could please direct me to the relevant manual. I had a lenovo before and changing the keyboard was the easiest thing. I tried looking for an authorised technitian but in vain

HP Recommended

Manual:

Service Manual 

HP Recommended

Excuse my ignorance. If I understand correctly, I need to remove every single part from the inside to take a look at the bottom of the keyboard?

HP Recommended

You are reading it right and the keyboard is embedded into the top cover of the laptop. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.