Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black coffee spilt on keyboard of Pavilion 15. Everything functions as normal. What should I do?

Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I spilt black coffee (no sugar or milk) on laptop keyboard. Everything functions as normal but I wasn't able to find a service that would perform a check. Is there anything else I can do?

Best,

K

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
41,982 41,770 6,626 11,575
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black coffee spilt on keyboard of Pavilion 15. Everything functions as normal. What should I do?

Can we have the full model number? Need to get the Service manual. The smart thing to do is to stop using it and remove the keyboard to assess how much liquid got in under the keyboard. Often liquid damage does not show up right away so you are not in the clear yet. 

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Model number: 7WB21EA

If you could please direct me to the relevant manual. I had a lenovo before and changing the keyboard was the easiest thing. I tried looking for an authorised technitian but in vain

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Manual:

Service Manual 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Excuse my ignorance. If I understand correctly, I need to remove every single part from the inside to take a look at the bottom of the keyboard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are reading it right and the keyboard is embedded into the top cover of the laptop. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation