03-01-2014 04:52 PM
I use a SSD disk on my HP Pavilion DV7 and yesterday I had to switch to my old HDD for a little. When I tried to connect it, I tried to turn up my laptop, but turned out that everything was powered by electricity but my monitor was black (black, but still powered). I couldn't even see the BIOS. Tried to hard reset the BIOS many time but it was useless. Had to change RAM (seems that, all of a sudden and for no reason, it loop'd the laptop) and then tried to turn up the notebook again. After some time, the OS booted on the old HDD but still couldn't see the BIOS. When I try to use my SSD or a CD to format and install an OS it's no use; I always have black screen. Especially when I connect the SSD, I can see the white led near CapsLock blinking and never stopping. What can I do? I feel really bad about this.
Means that I have all my OS and documents on SSD and, if the HDD stops working, can't format it.
03-02-2014 12:09 PM
Alright, seems that if I enable the Intel card in Windows 7 I get black screen again. Maybe it's the Intel card and not the monitor? How can I use my ATI card to boot the bios? I can't see the bios so I guess I can't enable it. Anyway, don't remember the bios had such a feature.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot