Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360

Hello,

My computer is plugged in and the orange charging light blinks on, followed by the white power button light. Then the two blink off. That repeats for every time I press the power button to turn off or reset. The ultimate issue is the computer won’t turn on. What do I need to do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mk12341 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Blinking orange charging light and blinking white power button but computer won’t turn on.

Perform the below steps to resolve this issue: 

Symptoms: Battery power LED blinks, and Caps Lock/Num Lock off 

Possible failure: AC adapter not connected or failure / Battery low charge or failure 

If the battery power LED and the LEDs near the Num Lock and Caps Lock keys do not glow when the computer is disconnected from the AC adapter, then the battery has a very low charge or is not charged at all. Try the following two procedures for diagnosing the power issue: 

Charge the battery: 

Use the following steps to charge the battery. 

1. Connect the AC power adapter, and verify that the battery power LED glows. 

2. Allow the battery to charge for 15 - 30 minutes. 

3. Attempt to start the computer. 

For more details: Click here 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.