Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 - ay078tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop shows an error message plugged in but not charging.

Battery isn't charging beyond 2%

In HP support assistant, the battery check shows ok. cycles 27/300 and max charging capacity as 74%.

In UEFI test, error is shown as Blown Fuse (42). 

Tried troubleshhoting by reinstalling drivrs, updating the bios, reattaching the battery, assesing the power chord, running system through another OS. None of these solved the issue. 

It would be very helpful if someone could answe these.

1. WHat is meant by Fuse Blown(42)

2. Where is the fuse located?

3. What is meant by cycles 27/300

4. How do i fix this issue? Will changing battery resolve or the issue is somewhere else?

Please help

Thnx in Advnc.!

Sabrina

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@akss If you've got a failure ID along with the error - "Blown fuse (42)", and it looks like what you see in the below image, please talk to HP phone support to discuss your options to repair/replace the battery and they'll help you with the rest:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If this helped you, click on "accept as solution" to let us know.

Have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes the problem is exactly the same as in the pic shown by you. 

But still my questions haven't yet been answered as asked pointwise. 

I am a bit concerned that it might even damage my next battery. 

Please answer them if you know about it. That would solve my problem.

HP Recommended

@akss Here's what I know & I hope this help!

1. What is meant by Fuse Blown(42) - The internal fuse of the battery is no longer working, there's no option to replace that, hence the entire battery will need to be replaced.

2. Where is the fuse located? - I'm not sure about this, because we've never gone into such details, most people just replace the battery instead of spending time on the fuse among other parts within a battery.

3. What is meant by cycles 27/300 - As far as I know, that represents the number of charges a battery can take before it's lifecycle ends, you seem to have 27 left.

4. How do i fix this issue? Will changing battery resolve or the issue is somewhere else? - The only reason I went straight to suggesting a replacement is because that's the only solution to this concern.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi , i have the same  problem but i cant find a genuine HP replacement battery for HP Notebook which is only 2 years old. very frustrating as i dont want to buy fake ones on line. any help please on buying this from HP or an approved seller? HP site directed me to an approved seller but they all said they dont stock my batery- the model of my laptop is 15-bw068sa . hope someone can help me with this . many thanks 

HP Recommended

@kofi2003uk Here's the link to the service and maintenance guide of your device: click here & visit page. 32 Chapter 5 Removal and replacement procedures for Customer Self-Repair parts (includes steps to replace the battery as well)

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a Notebook 15-bw099sa and a battery test shows Weak, 709 days old, recommend purchasing a replacement battery.

I contacted the HP recommended parst seller ProcurriEurope who inform me that the battery is no longer manufactured.

This is disgusting as it means I either can only use my notebook when plugged in,, or I have to purchase a new one.

Your comments please.

HP Recommended

@Mevennais I'm afraid the warranty on batteries are only for 90days, ideally if the device is under the 1yr warranty and yet the battery fails, there would be charges to replace the battery, if you are within 90days of purchase of the device, you could inform the same to the HP tech placing the replacement order and it could be replaced free of charge, that said, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Keep us posted,

And Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My query was not with the length of warranty for batteries, but the fact that they have stopped manufacturing the battery that I need for my Notebook.

HP Recommended

@Mevennais I didn't notice how that would matter, since you can still get the same battery on the internet as mentioned before: "You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal."

Also, even if a part is not manufactured anymore, there would be a stock of the same to replace spare parts, if it isn't available at the HP site, you can get it elsewhere as explained above.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, click on - "Accept as solution" to help the community grow and have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.