Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I face similar issue,

Test 1

A day before yesterday my screen would either go black(flickering) when I change the position of screen, or will go to sleep on its own. So I did a shut down of my laptop and removed the battery and installed it again. After assembling the laptop, it would not start at all. Not even when plugged in to AC mains, it wouldn't show the charging LED or anything. It was dead. I figured it must be hardware issue with wire of the LCD screen of laptop and turns out that when I remove the LCD screen wire from motherboard, the laptop would start normally but if I plug the LCD wire, it would not start at all. So I brought my laptop to repair center but surprisingly when booted it worked perfectly. He did some tests and said that it is working just fine. Next day my laptop battery stopped charging at 48%. It wouldn't charge any further. I did component test on HP (with plugged in) and it showed me FAILURE ID : GU1JK3-79N9PW-XD7V6K-C09V03 When I did the battery component test after disconnecting it from AC mains, it said the battery health is ok. I cannot figure out what is the cause of the problem. I also left my laptop to charge overnight but still stuck at 48%. So I replaced my battery into my friend's HP Notebook, same model. Here the battery charged perfectly in his laptop, but the battery won't start in my laptop. I cannot understand the issue. I did update BIOS, battery drivers as well tried charging my laptop with another adapter. Nothing works. I would like to say that my laptop works perfectly when plugged in without battery. PLEASE HELP!

Test 2

I did another test to make sure the problem is with my battery. I got the battery from my friend and tried charging in my laptop. I did the battery check through HP PC Diagnostics and the results were positive. Intially, the replaced battery did charge from 89% to 91% and "stuck" there.

Again, when I did my battery test, it said Logic :ok Charge state : Blown fuse. Failure ID : GU1JK3-8LK9Q7-XD7V6K-C0B613

I did multiple tests, after this test, and in few of them(2 or 3 test) the battery charge state was ok, and as "BLown Fuse" most of the times.

Now, I am more worried. Did I damage my friend's battery as well. Is there another hardware issue with my laptop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mitt7777777, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for the detailed information. I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue either with the battery or power supply to the PC board, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

You may also check the HP part store for part information.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.