Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15t-ab100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My battery was not charging while plugged in, so i ran the hardware diagnostics test and got the results below. Do i just need to buy a new battery or is this a fuse outside of the battery that i'll need to take somewhere and get repaired (my warranty is long expired). want to make sure before i go and make any purchases.

Screenshot (60).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, so it is appears to be a problem with your battery. Generally it is resolved with battery replace, even thought I can't warranty.. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, I recommend to you start by installing the last version of the Diagnostic Utility and use it for retry the test: 

https://www8.hp.com/fr/fr/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl...

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

okay, i tried again with the new download and it gave me the same results.

Screenshot (61).png

HP Recommended

OK, so it is appears to be a problem with your battery. Generally it is resolved with battery replace, even thought I can't warranty.. 

HP Recommended

ok, so I dont own the exact model hp as you, however, I just had a warratny replacement battery brought to me due to the same problem, (blown fuse in the battery) as I have never been aware of the idea of a fuse being installed inside a battery, this was a new thing to me... so after the tech came, I told him that I wasn't sure that the battery was the problem.. so we swapped the battery out anyway... aaaand guess what happened when it was plugged in? absolutely nothing, the problem im 100% certain isnt just a blown battery fuse, even with the hp diags coming back with that trouble code saying it is... 

I have no desire to allow my zbook to be shipped off to some depo repair for (x) amount of time when the solution is most likely something as simple as a ferrite bead or a resistor that got smoked somewhere on the board. After work today, I'll be taking my Zbook apart and grabbing my multimeter to find the root cause of this dilemma.. I didnt realize that there is 2 years of people reporting the same thing, with only a small percent of them actually having needed a new battery in the first place.  Ill shortcut this post to my desktop and let you know what I find. 

I'm deciding to do this as my Zbook is my bread and butter. more than a week without it and I could just buy a new Motherboard for it... I'd prefer to save the couple hundred $ and instead keep my oversized 150W charger and an extension cord with me until I find the root cause.

Here's to finding us all the right information and not relying on outdated generic(ish) diagnostic codes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.