Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does this machine have bluetooth? If not is there a way to rig like a bluetooth receiver type gizmo  through USB? or might a driver that makes blue tooth possible be loaded onto the platform? Or is it just too outdated to support anything useful?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

HP Pavilion g7-1113cl Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

It does not come with built in Bluetooth networking capability, or that feature would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n WLAN Wireless Connectivity specification.

Also the model wifi adapter you posted confirms that your notebook did not come with Bluetooth hardware, as the Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter is a single band, non-Bluetooth wifi adapter.

Your only option unfortunately, would be to use a USB BT adapter because your notebook has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of any other model wifi card that could have come with Bluetooth.

And as I posted earlier, I don't believe any of those wif/bluetooth adapters' Bluetooth works on W10.

Yes, my last name is Finnish.  My grandparents on my father's side came to the USA from Finland in the 1920's.

I tried to learn the language when I was a kid, but they said I was hopeless.  😊

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

It's about a 50 - 50 chance your g7 notebook has built in bluetooth.  Some did and some didn't.

It all depends on what model wifi adapter HP installed in your notebook and since you are running W10, many of the old Bluetooth adapters don't work on W10.

If your notebook does not have built in Bluetooth, you can use a USB Bluetooth adapter though.  Something like this...

Amazon.com: ASUS USB-BT500 Bluetooth 5.0 USB Adapter with Ultra Small Design, Backward Compatible wi...

HP Recommended

Thank you for checking me out Paul. I found a product number LW407UA#ABA

For WIFI I'm looking at Device manager Network adapters  Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #12

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter

I would not be surprised if the W10 OS is blocking blue tooth I just never used it before but have a need now. If that were the case I'd dump W10 and go back to 8 or 7 or whatever is compatible.

I'm not sure if this is quite what you asked for to narrow down the issue I'm computer savvy just enough to cause problems.

Thank you for the gear link knowing that I may be able to buy a USB blue tooth device is splendid. If I had the means I surely would upgrade but these are terrible times and a terrible sight for a sober man in San Diego. Thank you again I tried all the updating driver went through all the product info OS type jargon I could find to know if this platform was sold blue tooth capable and did not find an answer to that query. BTW Is that Finnish? My 6th grandfather Jorgen Kolstad brought my half blood from Lesja Norway 186 years ago.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

HP Pavilion g7-1113cl Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

It does not come with built in Bluetooth networking capability, or that feature would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n WLAN Wireless Connectivity specification.

Also the model wifi adapter you posted confirms that your notebook did not come with Bluetooth hardware, as the Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter is a single band, non-Bluetooth wifi adapter.

Your only option unfortunately, would be to use a USB BT adapter because your notebook has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of any other model wifi card that could have come with Bluetooth.

And as I posted earlier, I don't believe any of those wif/bluetooth adapters' Bluetooth works on W10.

Yes, my last name is Finnish.  My grandparents on my father's side came to the USA from Finland in the 1920's.

I tried to learn the language when I was a kid, but they said I was hopeless.  😊

HP Recommended

Ah ha!        Thank you Sir Paul for providing the answer I could not find myself. It is well enough to know I must stop searching where nothing can be found and/or wasting more time looking for drivers I know nothing about and cannot function with my antique terminal here. In your report I understand that a USB Blue Tooth adapter may possibly work but not while W10 is the OS in use. If I understood that correctly will you suggest an adequate OS for my HP that may be compatible with a USB BT adapter I can buy? This laptop is not used for anything much but paying bills and using TV for a monitor. I beat myself up for about 5 months before I was able to come to the conclusion that it is not possible to view any 4K UHD no matter what player I download or how much I spend on color bpc type add-on nonsense. Nothing beyond 1080 appears to possible with this model so it should not cause any issues to swap OS's. I think it was first used with 7 or maybe vista and through the many system recoveries billion window domino pop up malwares and FBI poser clown pay us to get your home screen back viruses I think I noticed XP as an option. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have because with only the model number and wifi type used  you've a far better understanding of this machine I've been using near10 years it seems now. Thank you for your time and sharing your expertise good Sir and have a fine week!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

The Bluetooth adapter link I posted earlier today...that should work fine on W19.

4K...You would have to have a new top of the line notebook to get 4K resolution on the display or to output to a 4K TV or monitor.

You have a great week too, and stay well!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.