Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Scarbear Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluescreen and HD short DST Check failed Q4JNKD779879

HP Pavilion 15-p043cl
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

On the evening of the very last day of warranty this PC failed to open windows going instead to a bluescreen.

Error code was Oxc0000185.

We do not have recovery media. There is no system administrator.

Upon running System Ext Test the Smart Check passed, but the HD short DST Check failed with code Q4JNKD779879 MFPV7G 60QR03.  We do not have replacement discs.

What can be done?

Is it possible to save documents on harddrive?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluescreen and HD short DST Check failed Q4JNKD779879

Hi @Scarbear,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when you tried to power on your notebook you got a bluescreen error. When you ran the hardware test the short DST test failed with the failure code Q4JNKD-779879-MFPV7G-60QR03. The hard drive is failing and will require a replacement

You do not have recovery media. You can try accessing the recovery manager and create recovery media.HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)  If that is not possible, please contact HP to obtain a recovery kit.  Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. Please verify that the correct country is selected in the lower left corner. Should you need to get data off the existing drive, you can try installing it as a secondary drive or into an external case. That may or may not allow you access. 

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation