Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15tbs000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I've had this laptop for  while now and whenever i try to use bluetooth it simply does not work. When I try to connect it it says this laptop doesn't support bluetooth but when I bought it it said it would support bluetooth. Is there any way I can fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not all HP notebooks come with built in Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is provided by some model wifi adapters that have both wifi and Bluetooth chips on the same circuit board.

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

I believe the adapter I have is Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11B/G/N PCle Adapter

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately that model wifi adapter is not one of those that is a combination wifi/Bluetooth adapter.

Your notebook does not come with built in Bluetooth.

If you are good at taking things apart (and better at putting them back together again), I can recommend an upgrade to an internal wifi/Bluetooth card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.