Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp laptop 17by 1953cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop is nearly new and the webcam is blurry and grainy. All drivers are updated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Tbillbe, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Not sure if you've already tried this but return to devise manager > cameras > right-click > update driver.

But this time try this:

1. On the Webcam Properties window, select Update Driver... 

2. Select to browse the computer for the desired driver. 

3. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. 

4. Remove the selection from Show compatible hardware. 

5. Select Microsoft in the Manufacturer field and select USB Video Device in the Model field. 

6. Click Next to install the webcam driver. 

7. Allow the installation of the USB Video Device, and then click Close. 

8. After the device has been updated to USB Video Device in Device Manager, restart your computer and open your software. 

If problems persist, install the latest BIOS update from HP and get all the latest Windows updates from Microsoft. 

NOTE: These T/S steps are from the Webcam Document https://support.hp.com/wise/DocumentDetail/ams-en?selectedLangCode=en&docId=c03430151&contentType=Su... – 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I'm on a brand new Elitebook 1040 G7, exactly the same issue.

Changing drivers didn't help at all, quality is still abysmal (tool doesn't matter, it's the same in SfB, Teams, Jitsi, VLC etc.).

What seems to have a massive impact is light... The camera can't handle anything below a full bright lighting.

As soon as brightness drops a bit, everything gets blurry and unusable.

I can't believe this is what we're supposed to get from an HD camera...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.