Did you mean: 
VasylP
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bottom Door on ProBook 4530s

HP Recommended
ProBook 4530s

I have read the manual for my laptop. Currently it is configured with 4 GB of RAM. For the last 25-30 years of so I've always bought RAM from Kingston  Technology. I checked their site to make sure I purchased the appropriate memory. After a long I finally received my two 4GB modules as according to my manual I can only upgrade to a maximum of 8GB. I don't have a problem with that.

In following the instructions on pages 47-49 to remove the bottom cover. Including removing the locking screw in the first step. What I'm finding it impossible to do is to simultaneously to slide the "bottom door release latches", which if I understand correctly are the same latches that hold the battery in place. 

I try to do this and there is no way that I can "slide the bottom door toward the front of the computer" step three (3) in the manual on page 49. 

Has anyone every encountered this problem in trying to get at the memory modules? If so is there any special trick I should know about. I've had five laptops in the last 20 years, and four desk tops in the last 33 years. Of those four I built the last three myself. I've never encountered this on many of my previous laptops. Extremely frustrating! 

Cheerz,

VasylP 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation