03-31-2017 06:53 PM
- Brand new laptop: HP Notebook - 17-x116dx
- All Windows Updates have been applied, devmgmt.msc shows all drivers as up to date and identified.
- Symptoms are the same across 2 batteries tested, all test were run on both with the same results.
- When the laptop is in use, it maintains the same battery level and indicates that it is plugged in, not charging.
- If the computer is in Sleep or is powered off, the battery will charge and does reach 100%.
- I've ran tests to confirm the machine will run perfectly fine with the battery removed over the stock AC power adapter.
- Tried the usual suggestions of:
- Running the HP Support diagnostics on the AC Adapter and Battery, all of which pass.
- Doing the whole shutdown start up ritual involving removing ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and AC Adapter, then reinstalling them.
- I have 2 batteries because the (at that point in time) outdated BIOS flagged the stock battery with a code, but every subsequent test said the battery passed. I had the battery RMA'd for a brand new one and have since run the same gamut of tests with the same result, just that this battery passes the diagnostics every time.
I've about had it with this computer, lol. I've been working in hardware and software technical jobs for the past 15 years and now am a Systems Administrator for a living, and in all my years I've never seen either a battery or an OS (Windows 10) have such problems with reporting and charging like this before, yet display such anomalous behavior i.e. the battery does actually charge, just not when it's running Windows?
Any advice or help from anyone at this point would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance folks!
04-01-2017 12:09 AM - edited 04-01-2017 12:10 AM
That definitely doesn't sound right. I would request service under warranty. Scroll down on the page and fill out the form to start a case. After filling in-click the button Show Options. You should either be given a number to call or offered live Chat.
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***