Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15t-df000 with GTX 1050ti
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello !!

I purchased this laptop a month back . It's an HP Spectre X360 15-inch GTX 1050ti model . It was purchased in the US . Right now I'm in China... I have used it couple of times , not more than a week in total...It was working fine until yesterday when I noticed " plugged in not charging " error.... I restarted the device ; no luck ....I learned from HP support that updating the  BIOS should help . I did . I restarted the computer and now it seemed to be working : " plugged in , charging ” . I felt relieved only until I noticed that the battery percentage was not going beyond 86% although it says " charging" .... I waited an hour : no luck yet.... I ran an HP Diagnostic test for battery and adapter...The adapter test result was " passed" but the battery test result showed " failed" with a message : Logic State: Ok  Charge State : Blown Fuse

I'm really frustrated. It's a brand new and a very expensive laptop . 

1. How can it  be possible that a brand new laptop encounter such a serious battery/charging failure without any reason ??

2. The warranty is  "active" but  I am in China and there's no way I can send it back to US for replacement... International warranty?

3. Is there any chance that the problem is solely software-realated and will resolve  on its 

own?? Or is the fuse really blown as shown by the diagnostic?

4. Is there a chance of further damage to the computer/motherboard if I continue to use it on AC ?? I was worried so I packed my laptop .

5.  Anyone has a similar problem and solution??

Please help !!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have the same issue on a brand new 13" gem cut. Tech support wants me to send in for battery replacement. 

HP Recommended

I did a factory reset, rolled back the bios, then downloaded and flashed updated bios, all battery issues resolved.

HP Recommended

Same here... I bought a HP Spectre 15 Gem-cut whit the I7-8750H, GTX-1050Ti and 1TB SSD configuration in Germany in July. After 2 months: The PC says he`s charging, but is not. Battery Test in Support Assistant fails, and in PC Hardware Diagnostics shows Blown Fuse. More tests and Bios updating after contacting Support don`t solved the problem, and hard reset don't also. The PC has warranty? Yes, he has, a "international warranty"... but I’m in South America for now, so Support requested to send the PC back to Germany -no way, twice times through customs, dangerous material-  because supposedly in the entire South America there are not any authorized HP Support who can help. So I bought a new Battery from the US -nearly 300 U$- and changed itself. And guess: yes, after 1-time charge: fuse blown! Probably the problem is related to the mainboard. Because the "international warranty" is useless, I spent in sum over 2000 U$ for junk. If you think I had bad luck, let me say this: It`s my fault. A couple of years ago I owned a HP Pavilion whit Turion X2 processor and ATI Radeon graphics, a series who many people had problems whit overheating and burned graphics chips, like me. After attempts some repairs, I bought a other brand laptop, who came obsolete after 5 years without problems. The past year, my wife bougth a new  Pavilion X360, who came whit a hard disk failure.  Why I forget these precedents and came back to HP? Never again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.