01-11-2017 09:49 AM
SO I got a replacement unit because my first unit had a probleme of battery drianing while turned off. My new unit seems to have the same problem if i turn it off on batterie mode but noty if i tun it off plugged. Turn off options are the same for both mode. Someone has a clue what is going on?
01-12-2017 12:00 PM
Good Day! Thanks for reaching out! Hope you are doing well. I understand that you need assistance regarding battery issues on your notebook. I’ll be delighted to assist you.
At the outset, you have done a terrific job on diagnosing the issue correctly. I am really impressed at your troubleshooting skills and levels of technical expertise. Hats off to you on that score! It is always a genuine pleasure to work with tech-savvy customers like you.
First off, please try a few steps to enhance battery life.
- Make sure that the Windows 10 power plan is set to Balanced Performance to conserve battery power
- Consider which programs you are running; some programs, like graphics-intensive games, will deplete the battery faster
- .Reduce the convertible’s screen brightness to conserve battery power
- Remove peripherals like external hard drives from the convertible while they are not is use
- Then please update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and type the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please remove the battery ACPI drivers from device manager after expanding the battery option. Then restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
- Please calibrate and test the battery from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640
- Please manage and configure the windows 10 power plan from the same link.
- Please follow all the steps in the link.
- Please run battery diagnostics also from the same link to check if the battery is healthy.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot