Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Brand new battery still running out in 90 mins.

HP Recommended
Hp Spectre Notebook 13-v101ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre 13 (i7-7500U, 8GB Ram, Intel 620, 512GB HD, December 2016 Model). System Bios F.34

The battery suddenly started acting up, running out in approximately 2 hours or so from a full charge - this is when I was doing nothing on the laptop. I phoned HP and took it into a service centre, and they replaced my battery.

The thing is, even with a brand new battery it hasn't helped - if anything it runs out FASTER!

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It seemed to start after I did a full reset of the system, i.e. reinstalled Windows 10 from the recovery partition. Could it be to do with a windows update?

I have tried the battery tests (PASSED) in both windows and within the UEFI startup.

Many Thanks

batterylife.PNGhpbattery.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 486 940
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Akoben

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the battery on your computer is draining quickly, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you updated the drivers on your computer using HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure BIOS, Chipset, and other drivers are updated. Click here

Once all the drivers are updated, especially BIOS and chipset, check if the issue is resolved. 

If the issue persists, open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Expand batteries, uninstall all the battery controllers listed there. 

Restart your computer and Windows will automatically install new drivers. 

Check if this resolves the issue you are facing. 

Also, check the power plans and the applications running on your computer that could be using a lot of resources. 

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery

HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation