Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360

Hi - My new Spectre x360 just arrived and I noticed immediately that it was running very hot. The cpu usage is at zero or one percent. The fan is running too. Is there something wrong with my laptop? I had this issue with my last hp but it took years for it to start having any heating problems. Any suggestions? I didn't know which board to post this in. 

Thanks, 

T

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi There,

Can you please, provide your model number or the product number of the unit?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi, it's HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 13t touch

Product # 4FJ31AV

I got decent specs but not 4K

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please check the BIOS version on the unit?

You can do that by typing "system information" in the windows search bar, where Cortana is located. the best match will be "system information" and under it, it is written "app" open it and check for BIOS version. The BIOS version should contain "F.XX"

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

Sorry.  Didn't see your reply.  The laptop still seems to be running hot but not as much.  I think this is what you asked for

BIOS Version/Date AMI F.29, 9/2/2019

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download the latest BIOS update for your unit from the link below and keep me up dated.

It F.33 release recently:

click here  

Please bear in mind that your unit need to be connected to the charger during the update. The screen might go blank for a while you don't need to press anything nor power on or power off the unit. It will take you to your logging screen after it is finished.

Regards,

Thumbs up and accept solution if solved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.