Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 640 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So after an update, I've found that my brightness hotkeys do not work. I have been through this forums before however none of the answers seemed to work. I've updated drivers, reset drivers, and even redownloaded windows. Still nothing. All of my other FN keys work; Volume, Sleep, Project(Windows Key-P), Number Lock, and Scroll Lock. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance Quackers37233

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I was in the same boat 10 mins ago. I have checked that I have latest BIOS update. Then I have uninstalled hp hotkey driver and installed latest one from hp drivers site. Didnt work. Then i have uninstalled Intel graphics driver that was installed by windows update. Then I have "DISABLED" FN key support in BIOS (that was the weird move). After boot finished I have finaly had FN support for all but brightness (as you have had). Then I have installed from the same hp drivers site, Intel graphics driver (200+ MB). Finally that gave me FN brightness control. Hope that would help.Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.