Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyB1211
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken Hinge / Cracked Screen HP Envy Model# 4M-CD0006DX (only 9 months old)

PAVILLION X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I purchased my HP Envy 360 9 months ago (December 3rd, 2018). I have been very happy with it until this morning when unexpectedly, the hinge broke and cracked the screen. My daughter uses this laptop for school, but only on a desk and has never mistreated it. I purchased an HP based on my positive experience with our HP Printer and numerous HP laptops, but this seems to be a manufacturing defect as this is a known problem and has been posted about numerous times within this forum as well as other places on the internet. I'm still inside my 1-year P&L warranty, but I'm being told it's going to cost (estimated) $300 to fix. Being that this is a regularly reported and known issue I would greatly appreciate it if HP could repair my computer and address this issue via a recall or redesign. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Retired Jacky-D
Retired
1,239 1,239 63 111
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken Hinge / Cracked Screen HP Envy Model# 4M-CD0006DX (only 9 months old)

@TonyB1211

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation