Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360

We purchased this laptop in July 2020 for my son to use for school.  He went to close his laptop and a screw popped out of the left corner and the screen popped out of the same corner and cracked.  Now we can’t close the laptop in fear of damaging it any further.  But now it’s useless in its present condition.

After reading all the other posts I see this is not an isolated incident.  Seeing as we purchased in July 2020, we are 5 months past the warranty.  This is very frustrating.  A laptop should last more than a year plus a handful of months.  On top of that, he is in college and needs his laptop for finals next week.  

* An update to my post last night.  The laptop doesn’t work at all, doesn’t turn on even when plugged in.  How does this happen?  Working fine 1 minute, the next, a screw pops out and completely done.  A college student has enough stress already, with multiple projects due in the next couple of days on top of the upcoming finals.  This is a disaster.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Queenbee20

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand your HP notebook screen is separating from the unit, in order to fix this issue your computer needs to be repaired. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.  I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
 www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.