Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-j000 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

I own an HP ENVY 17t-j000 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC and I have put a lot of money into this computer. Long story short, the left hinge broke and I took it to computer repair shop and had to buy a whole new palm rest. The hinge issue caused me to not only buy “new” palm rest but it also ruined my screen, which had to be replaced-Three weeks later the hinge is broken again-Computer repair shop says there is nothing that can be done as this is an “issue” that will continue to happen despite what I try to do to fix it! I have read on here that HP knew about the issue and that there was a class action lawsuit, is that true? If I would have known, I never would have spent money for a new hard drive, new fan, keyboard, and now over 300.00 and six months of times back and forth from repair shop trying to get issue fixed. Does anyone know what I can do? Please help-I need a working laptop and I cannot close the lid. Thank you kindly. Venessa

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@vkeeny222

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.