Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

Broken hinge - HP Envy 15T - My turn

Product Name: HP Envy 15T
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 15T and my right hinge just broke AGAIN.   I had it fixed by HP in March, 2015, and now about a year and a half later, the right hinge is broken again.

As other people state, I am very careful with my computer.  Most of the time I leave it sitting on the desk, open, and don't move it much, but sometimes I have to close the display lid and put it in the case to go with me, and today I heard the plastic break inside, the screw is gone, and when slowly closing the display the case pops open at the hinge.  A piece of black plastic came out when I turned the laptop sideways. 

Obviously a design flaw, the weight of the screen and hinges being held together by a tiny plaster piece.

I wish HP would let me upgrade to another type of computer as this one is obviously going to continue breaking even with my careful use of the laptop.

Looking for any and all assistance.

Thank you,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (69 Views)

Re: Broken hinge - HP Envy 15T - My turn

@mhodgin

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation