Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 – 15-bp101no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

The left hinge of my HP ENVY x360 just broke, the screen popped loose down in the corner and two screws fell out together with some plastic "crumbles".

I bought my computer from the HP store at the end of November 2017, exactly 1 year and 4 months ago and obviously the 1 year warranty is out. I have not dropped or misused the computer in any way, rather taking really good care of it, but based on the tons of complaints around this same problem on this forum (and elsewhere) it is obvious that the hinge design is really poor.

I am obviously very unhappy with this and think that HP must offer an extended warranty for this particular problem.

A computer in this price range should not break after just more than one year of normal usage!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Quist

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Quist

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I bought the same computer in October 2017 and the left side hinge just popped out. Did you happen to get any answers pertaining to this issue?

HP Recommended

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.