Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Broken hinge on HP15 laptop

HP15

One of the hinges on my laptop has broken and the casing around the display has come away from the screen and there are wires exposed. My laptop lid will not close. If I force it, it looks like it will snap. HP's manufacturers warranty says that "This HP Limited Warranty applies only to HP-branded and Compaq-branded hardware products, ,... The term "HP Hardware Product" is limited to the hardware components and required firmware" It goes on to state that ..."HP guarantees that it will repair, replace, or refund, at HP's option, an HP Hardware Product that manifests a defect in materials or workmanship during the Limited Warranty Period, ....HP's obligation under this HP Limited Warranty, at its option, to repair, replace, or provide a refund for an HP Hardware Product that manifests a defect in materials and workmanship ceases upon the expiration of the Limited Warranty Period.'

I read this that the hinge defect is clearly a defect in a hardware component and a defect in materials or workmanship and would be covered  under HP's manufacturers warranty. If I have had the laptop for less than 12 months, is this covered? 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
1,013 1,012 52 109
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Broken hinge on HP15 laptop

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation