BWells Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken left hinge on HP Envy m7-n109 laptop.

Envy m7-n109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wife's Envy m7-n109dx touchscreen laptop has a broken hinge on the left side.  Just happened on 9/21/16.  Product # is M1W11UA#ABA.  I have the same model but no issues yet.  She takes great care of it because of the cost. Never been dropped or mishandled.    She went to open the cover and heard an unusual creak and when she closed it she heard a snap.  We bought ours on 2/8/16 so still under warranty.  Any one else have the same issue?  Online research shows that other models of Envy laptops having the same issue.

LAPTOP.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
8242 141 632
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BWells

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Ronyin Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same model and exactly the same issue. how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
EireEngr Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same model. I sent it in under warranty in January, 2017, for a warranty repair for the hinge causing case seperation. They repaired it, and it made it until early April before I can see it causing seperation, but this time on the left side instead of the right. This unit is my home laptop and never travels or has been dropped. Given HPS track record with hinge issues, I don't think I will be buying another one. This is the second HP that I have had the hinge fail prematurely on.
0 Kudos
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 119 417
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EireEngr

Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation