Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 19 (657 Views)

Broken right hinge. Left hinge about to go on my ENVY m6

Product Name: ENVY m6

The right hinge broke on my ENVY m6. Now the left one is about to go. The waranty is up and I have noticed that this is a common problem with this product. I should hope that there has been a recall on this. HP should at least repair the issue free of charge (waranty or no waranty). I take great care of my things and my computer is no exception. Please give me advice on this one. I am extremely disappointed at this point.

Retired
Message 2 of 19 (619 Views)

Re: Broken right hinge. Left hinge about to go on my ENVY m6

Hi @NeiCe ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 19 (600 Views)

12/29/14- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Honor Student
Message 4 of 19 (562 Views)

The right hinge on my Pavilion dm4 is getting loose and I fear it will not last long.  It did not take much searching to find that these hinges are problematic and have been for a long time.  It is no longer under warranty.  Is there anything I can do to keep things together?  I am teaching an on-line course and need it!  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Retired
Message 5 of 19 (557 Views)

@darner 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message after the weekend from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details)

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/bd-p/Hello

I worked for HP.
Student
Message 6 of 19 (376 Views)

Im afraid I am experiencing a the exact same problem as the original poster of this thread. I would very much like some help on this issue as I am leaving the U.S. within a month and greatly rely on my laptop to do work when abroad. Please help, and thank you very much!

Retired
Message 7 of 19 (364 Views)

Hi @gilbertdavid32,

Welcome to the HP forum! Smiley Happy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

Teacher
Message 8 of 19 (355 Views)

@NeiCe,  @darner,  @gilbertdavid32   Please post back here if you were able to recieve any real support from HP on your hinge issue.  Did they fix it, and was it still under warranty.  Did they suggest that it was due to normal use, and do you agree? 

This issue is immediately forwarded into their private messaging system... but it needs to remain public.  The hinges on these laptops are a serious Design Flaw that HP needs to address.  My one HP Envy was repaired under warranty at the beginning of 2015 when it was only 8 months old... now... only 8 month later, it's failed again. 

Please update this thread with your communications with HP so others can follow along.  My own thread is here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Defective-Hinges-on-HP-Laptops-Envy/m-p/5337134#M2012...

Thanks!

M

Top Student
Message 9 of 19 (292 Views)

HP spectre 360 have hinge broken and I just bought it last week and hp is not willing to take the responsibility of its design failure. Now they telling me to pay $326 in order to fix it.
Retired
Message 10 of 19 (291 Views)

Hello @MAS786

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicaly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you have already resolved your matters, please disregard this message. 

Thank you 
Duane_D
I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation