Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
2017 Spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I love my Spectre x2, it's been a great, multipurpose device, top of the line when it was new. And, unfortunately, it's been out of warranty for a few months and now this problem came up... There's a bulge behind the bottom-left corner of the screen, which has pushed the screen away from the case along the left side. The right side is also starting to separate. I'm extremely worried that it's the battery and is going to explode soon.

From HP's website, it doesn't look like they offer repair services for devices that aren't under warranty. Is my only option to junk the machine? That would be a tragedy, it's been great in every other way. I bought the top of the line because I wanted a device that would keep working for years... I realize that I could have opted for the extended warranty, but I've never had a laptop simply self-destruct suddenly like this before.

Thanks in advance if anyone has advice.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Can you please provide the exact model number or product number of the Spectre. Here is link to HP support page showing how to find it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks David. The product number is Y3T95AV. Its full name according to System Information is "HP Spectre x2 Detachable 12-c0XX".

HP Recommended

@Irene923

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

"Spectre x2, it's been a great, multipurpose device, top of the line when it was new. And, unfortunately, it's been out of warranty for a few months and now this problem came up... There's a bulge behind the bottom-left corner of the screen, which has pushed the screen away from the case along the left side. The right side is also starting to separate. I'm extremely worried that it's the battery and is going to explode soon."

I share the text from the previous post from "Honor Student" just its sriking similar problem and fully describe the problem.

The only diference is that my bulge is only from the bottom - left side for now.

HP Spectre x2 Detachable 12-c0XX

[edited]

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 18362.356

Please give Idea what I should do.

Regards,

Rumen

HP Recommended

@Rumen62

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.