cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
lorenzo57
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Burnt Spectre x360 motherboard

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-4005dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can't charge the battery? No charge light showing but everything works if I put in a charged battery (new battery) but when I try to charge it... nothing?

2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
48,165 21,025 4,668 8,830
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you run the PC Hardware Diagnostics? Run the power and system diagnostics.

Kindly provide the error code.

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lorenzo57
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I decided to open up the laptop and thoroughly check out the inner workings of the machine and found a burnt out section of the motherboard which I then researched on the Internet only to find that many others have had the same problem (a lot have attached photos of the burnt section which correspond with mine).

I would like to know if I'm able to get that repaired or do I need to replace the motherboard which would be an expensive proposition? The laptop cost me a lot and having to pay more is out of the question as I can't afford it for starters and secondly,the same problem still exists.

Can I buy an external charger for much less than a new motherboard and just keep charging the battery externally when the need arises?

Thank you in advance for any help that's proffered...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation