Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
ThirteenPrimes Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Button in upper left corner of touch pad used to disable ceased working

HP Pavillion G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop has an indintation in the upper left corner of the touchpad which normally may be double-tapped to disable/enable the touch pad itself, however, it has recently ceased working. I use it quite frequently as I write to avoid the complications of my palm on the touch pad as I type, however now I attempt to double tap this corner and it acts as if I am double tapping any other part and it is simply moving my cursor to wherever my mouse is hovering at the time and highlighting that portion of the writting. Essentially, it's acting as if this location on the touch pad is no more special than the direct center.

However, the scroll bar I use on the right hand side of the touch pad is working perfectly, and the pinch-to-zoom feature is flawless. In attempting to find help on the issue, I only find people trying to figuer out why their touch pad is disabled because they don't know about the upper-left trick.

This might, perhaps, be a problem with my computer itself as it is several years old, but I sincerely hope not. Any help at all is appreciated.

1 REPLY
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1538
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Button in upper left corner of touch pad used to disable ceased working

See if there is a setting in mouse properties>Synaptics Tab that will solve it.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation