Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Intern
Intern
24 0 2
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Buying a replacement notebook battery

ENVY TS 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I boot, I get the HP Battery Alert (error 601) advising me to buy a replacement battery. However, on checking the HP parts store, I don't seem to be able to purchase the correct battery (part number 710417-001). Is there any way to purchase a replacement battery from HP (I'm in the UK)?

7 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Beojan,

Thank you for your query.  I understand that your notebook gave you the 301 battery alert and you are trying to locate  a replacement in the UK. Here is a link to HP"S partner in the UK.  Best2Serve You  could also try doing a web search with the part number to locate a replacement.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the “Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
24 0 2
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They only have one HP battery for sale, and it isn't this one.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Beojan,

Thank you for your query.  I understand that your notebook gave you the 301 battery alert and you are trying to locate  a replacement in the UK. Here is a link to HP"S partner in the UK.  Best2Serve You  could also try doing a web search with the part number to locate a replacement.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the “Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
24 0 2
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sparkles1: As I said, Best2Serve only offer one model of HP notebook battery, and it isn't the model I need.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Beojan,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that " Best2Serve" does not have the required battery replacement.  When I went to Google.UK and did a search with the part number, there are many results. I sure you could choose an option that is suitable for you. 710417-001

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
24 0 2
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And no doubt most of those are counterfeits, hence why I posted here.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Beiojan.

Thank you for your reply. If you are not comfortable purchasing one from the web. please contact HP for further assistance.  Contact HP - Phone Assist. Even if you are not in warranty, they should be able to  provide some directive as where to obtain a replacement battery. 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation