Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know what 2x8 gb 2400mhz ram upgrade kit will work for my hp notebook, links and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

product number:1TJ82UA#ABA

Specs: intel i5 7th gen

intel hd 630 

8gb of sodimm ram (currently)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since your notebook already has an 8 GB memory module, you may just want to add a second one and save money.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory module for your notebook.

Amazon.com: Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFS824A...

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory upgrade info, and the memory removal and replacement procedure.

HP 15 Laptop PC (Intel)HP 15g Laptop PCHP 15q Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since your notebook already has an 8 GB memory module, you may just want to add a second one and save money.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory module for your notebook.

Amazon.com: Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFS824A...

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory upgrade info, and the memory removal and replacement procedure.

HP 15 Laptop PC (Intel)HP 15g Laptop PCHP 15q Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

yeah im on the fence of buying a kit or single stick as I'm getting a lot of different answers form different people some say don't mix brand others say dont but do it with sodimms some say make sure all the ram you have in your system should preferably come in one box and the 8g in my notebook is Samsung will that create compatibility issues

HP Recommended

the image on the page showed it looks about right in how the pins look on the side to be attached but I want to be sure that the pin number and compatibility would work 

HP Recommended

I never had an issue mixing memory from different manufacturers.

The only time I have outfitted a PC with all new memory from the same mfr, is when the PC had no memory to start with, or I was upgrading from 2 x 4 GB to 2 x 8 GB for example.

Worst case scenario is if in the unlikely event the memory doesn't work well together, you buy a second Crucial 8 GB chip.

I suppose if money is no object, buy the 16 GB kit.

HP Recommended

ive heard that about my laptop it can only take 16gb total ram

HP Recommended

That is correct.

The max is 2 x 8 GB of memory as set forth in chapter 1 of the service manual I posted.

HP Recommended

yes, so would it be overkill to buy a 2x8 kit because while the ram still works its about 3 years old and having the other in case of issues could help right?

HP Recommended

I would say so.

Use the money you save and put it toward upgrading the mechanical hard drive to a better performing solid state drive.

If you can live with 500 GB of drive space instead of 1 TB, you can pick up this high performing 500 GB drive cheap.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

That and a total of 16 GB of memory will breathe new life into your PC.

HP Recommended

ok i reckon ill just buy the one stick and get the ssd and if I'm correct you had to take that metal "brace" or cover thing off of the old hdd and put it on the new ssd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.