Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

There is a buzzing sound coming from the left side of my laptop purchased approx. one year ago. I did buy the 2-year extended warranty through Best Buy (total cost of everything $1469).

There was already a post for this issue, but the thread was closed, and no resolution provided. The article blames the speakers straight-up and suggests nothing else could be the cause. Well the buzzing never occurred the last year, now i hear it coming and going this morning. The fan is the only moving part in the laptop to my knowledge. Buzzing typically indicates electrical issue for most things. 

Please provide explanation of possible cause. Assuming bios is up-to-date already and obviously it's not the speaker. If i need to offload this laptop I need to know asap. Thank you for your assistance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Trash_PC_co 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

It happens that <Windows Update> updates the audio driver and errors occur. But let's check your system configuration first.

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

- copy/paste to following key/values pairs:

OS Name
Version
System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )
BIOS Version/Date
SMBIOS Version
BaseBoard Model
BaseBoard Name

(2) Please report your results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.