Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-e196n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I HAVE A HP Pavilion 17-e196nr Notebook PC. IT HAS A IT HAS A Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n. CARD CAN I UPGRADE IT TO A DUAL BAND CARD .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @RICHYUM, It's great to hear from you again.

Thanks for writing back to us.

Yes, You can purchase a dual-band Wi-fi USB adapter and it should work without any hassles with a dual-band router.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @RICHYUM, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you would like to upgrade wireless card on your PC to a dual band.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

I have checked the records and your laptop and you don't have an option of upgrading the wireless card to a dual band. 

You cannot upgrade the wireless card on your PC to a dual band. Because your PC was shipped with a single antenna. For a dual-band wireless card, you would need two wireless antennas to work.

The only supported wireless cards on your laptop are:

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter for use on all
computer models
675794-001
Qualcomm Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter
for use on all computer models
733476-001
Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter for use
on all computer models
690020-001
Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter for use on all computer models 709848-001

Refer the laptop user guide to know more information.

You can purchase the part from HP parts store using this link.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANK YOU .will a  dual band usb wifi dongle work?

HP Recommended

Hi! @RICHYUM, It's great to hear from you again.

Thanks for writing back to us.

Yes, You can purchase a dual-band Wi-fi USB adapter and it should work without any hassles with a dual-band router.

Take Care! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.