01-07-2017 06:04 AM - edited 01-07-2017 06:09 AM
The CD drive in my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC (serial number: 5CD4232L25) is not recognised by the computer. It does not show up in the File Explorer and the driver does not show up in Device Manager. The disk drive opens sometimes when the open button is pressed and it does not do so many other times. But the CD inside is not read when it is put inside and the drive is closed. Please help ASAP.
01-07-2017 07:12 AM
The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if running through each of the resolution steps at the link below resolves the problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot