Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce032tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a INTEL  i7-7700 processors. My CPU gets very hot at estimated 90 degree celsius  and I have seens some forum said It will hurt your CPU for long term gaming under high temperature. But some said CPU nowadays build to hold boiling point. So I am curious which one shoud I believe.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

90C is kind of the dividing line. In heavy gaming the CPU might be expected to hit 90C and the fan should be running all out. If it goes up higher than 90C that is a problem but if the cooling system holds it at 90C likely OK. You could probably improve that 5-10C by opening it and improving the cooling system with metal shims over the GPU chips and top quality thermal compound applied correctly on the CPU. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

90C is kind of the dividing line. In heavy gaming the CPU might be expected to hit 90C and the fan should be running all out. If it goes up higher than 90C that is a problem but if the cooling system holds it at 90C likely OK. You could probably improve that 5-10C by opening it and improving the cooling system with metal shims over the GPU chips and top quality thermal compound applied correctly on the CPU. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.