Aakashm301
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

CPU overheating even when no work is going on

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HEY fellas I bought a HP Omen in the month of august. There's a problem I am facing now, that the CPU maybe is overheating and it gets heated even when no work is going on its temperature reaches around 50 degree centigrate.

CONFIGURATION

DXDIAG-REPORT

https://www.scribd.com/document/340964922/DxDiag

1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 954
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Aakashm301,

Thanks for the post.

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer overheating. Don't worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you run any diagnostics on your computer?

Are you using the computer on a desk or couch/bed? 

Recommend you to make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure the drivers are updated. Click here for assistance. 

Once all the drivers including BIOS and Chipset drivers are updated, recommend you to run an Extensive test on the computer to make sure all the components are working correctly.

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in running a system test. 

If any of the tests fail, please contact our phone support for the service options.

If all the test pass, please refer to the below articles for assistance in reducing the noise from the fan. 

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation