Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15t-200 cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this HP Pavilion 15t-200 cto with Intel Core I7-8565U 4c, Intel UHD graphics 620 and 12 gb of ram a few months ago. I use this laptop most of the times for music production, which is a high performance task for a processor. Now while my old laptop (8 years old) runs this perfectly fine with  Intel Core I7- 3612qm 4c, my new laptop has weird CPU utilization peaks for about 5 seconds while that occurs the clockspeed drops to 0.39 Ghz, but this basically only happens when the laptop is plugged in.

The laptop comes with a 45 Watt charger which seems a little low wattage to me. So I thought it could be the weak charger that can't handle the high wattage used compared to the power of the charger, but HP customer support told me this was the correct charger and they didn't help me at all. Can anyone help me? If anyone has a better option for a charger please tell me.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@dirk_sg

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there I tried that, it was only able to install 1 update, but that was the only update that was not optional so that's ok. I also update Windows, but it didn't help... what now?

HP Recommended

@dirk_sg

Let's try these steps

• Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 

• Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power saving features. That is why in order to achieve maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

• Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

can you explain how to do the first step, increasing the amount of RAM?

I did do the other steps, even though I couldn't find the Intel HD Graphics driver tray, but I did it through the Intel HD Graphics control center

HP Recommended

@dirk_sg

You can refer to this Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-increase-virtual-mem... for help in increasing the virtual memory

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, I'm so sorry for my late response, but it kind of made my problem worse. No I've got more CPU problems while plugged in, and on battery as well...

HP Recommended

@dirk_sg

To be honest the Notebook should not be performing this way. As a last resort I suggest you perform a Reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I've tried several times to reset my pc but when it was on 1% of the process Windows gave the notification it was unable to reset, and then it just starts up Windows 10 again... what should I do?

HP Recommended

@dirk_sg As suggested by the tech, if the reset doesn't work you could talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.