2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

CPU upgrade options

HP Pavilion Notebook 15-p075sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, really wanted to know if I can upgrade my CPU here on my laptop to something much better. Can anyone let me know what are my options for this laptop (HP Pavilion Notebook 15-p075sa)? Also, how do I find out this information my self? 

I'm also going to upgrade my GPU but I think I can add any external GPU, right?  THNAKS for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,446 2,388 293 893
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

CPU upgrade options

Hello @zafor,

I regret to inform you that the CPU is soldered onto the motherboard and since you're dealing with an integrated GPU, the only way to upgrade both is to completely replace the entire system board, which is both an expensive and tedious task. 

Let me know if you're still interested although I wouldn't exactly recommend doing this. It may just be better to purchase a new model altogether.

Hope that answers your question.

zafor
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

CPU upgrade options

But there is a way to add and external GPU using a graphics card dock that's connected through the mini PCIe slot. I'm thinking if I can just do that, but there will be some bottlenecking caused by there CPU. Thanks for the help anyways. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation