Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs151ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My camera on my laptop is not working and we have figured put it is because the last windows update deleted my camera drivers. I need the camera drivers for an HP 15. These drivers are not on the website. How can I get access to them?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Tyler_rach 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.68 Rev.A35.8 MBAug 27, 2021Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2Reboot

(3) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !

(4) Install/Update

HP Consumer Desktop / Notebook PC ME Firmware Update

2020.1.0629 Rev.A33.8 MBJun 29, 2020Download

(5Reboot

(6) Check windows <device manager> for <webcam> or <unknown devices>, send screenshot.

(7Please report your results

HP Recommended

Tyler_rach_0-1659963602645.png

Hello I tried everything you stated and my camera is still not working and it is still not picking up any camera drivers. I have been told I need to physically install the driver for the camera but I cannot find access to the driver

HP Recommended

Hello @Tyler_rach 

Take time and dive into this guide:

HP PCs - Troubleshoot the webcam (Windows 10)

Please report your results

HP Recommended

Hello

Unfortunately I have gone through all of the information in the document and have tried everything but nothing has worked. The camera does not show up at all under the device manager therefore I am unable to update the driver as suggested as it is not on my laptop. I have attempted to install the specific driver from another site but my laptop still does not recognize the camera. I am not thrilled about the idea of completely reinstalling windows but it seems that might be the only method that actually works. I have had a worker from Microsoft remotely connect to my laptop and he was unable to do anything as HP does not have the camera drivers on their page.

HP Recommended

Hello @Tyler_rach 

There are two versions of webcams available:

HD or VGA:

ub6424_1-1660235736132.png

Could be technical error:

- webcam defective

- internal webcam wires broken

ub6424_0-1660235650508.png

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support

HP warranty expired:

You should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Cheap solution:

Use <usb webcam> to clip above screen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.