Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 1012 G1

Dear team,

I was purchasing a Razor Core X Chrome recently to enhance my Elite X2 and learned, the Power Delivery of this case does not fit to the tablet.

Does the Omen Accelerators version of PD fit to the tablet?

Or is there any other solution (e.g. by the keyboard connector) to deliver power to the tablet when the Thunderbolt connector is used?

Thank you

and best regards,

Marc

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@msigle 

I would not try that. Your machine is not on the compatible list

HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (models 13-ac0xx, 15-bl0xx, 15-bl1xx)

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop (supported on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 configurations of models 15-ce0xx)

OMEN by HP 17 Laptop (supported on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or GeForce GTX 1070 configurations of models 17-an0xx)

OMEN X by HP 17 Laptop PC (models 17-ap0xx)

HP ENVY 27 All-in-One PC (models 27-b1xx)

HP ENVY 34 Curved All-in-One PC (models 34-b0xx)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

thank you for your response.

A.) *** PD / Does the Omen Accelerator provide the correct power to the Elite X2? ***

I read a little more(*1) on this item and I learned, there is different versions of Power Delivery (PD): Whilst former versions defined to provide 5V, 12V and 20V, PD 3.1 (and maybe also PD 3.0 - introducing Programmable Power Supply - PPS) changed to the different voltages - 5V, 9V, 15V, 20V (and there seems to be varying voltage possible, also).

With this I feel, the EliteX2 1012 G1 might understand the elder PD protocol only (maybe wants to request / or go through the 12V 3A to the 20V 3A...?).

Now the important questions:

1. Which PD protocols / voltages does the Elite X2 1012 G1 expect?

2. Does the Omen Accelerator support the same PD protocols? Does it support 5, 12, 20V or rather 5, 15, 20, (...) / PD3.0, PD3.1...?

B.) *** Accessories of the Elite X2 1012 G1 ***

In the manual(*2) there is an indicator for possibility to charge the tablet also via the keyboard connector. I searched the net but did not find any tablet stand, dock or similar thing to use as alternative power input for  tablet.

Questions to this option: 

3. Does such Pogo Dock exist?

4. Is there any specification for this Pogo Port including requirements on the power to be offered to the interface for charging and operation of the tablet? 

A final comment: I purchased the device refurbished and run it with Linux since ~1 year. I'm so happy about it, that I think about purchasing another one every once in a while; either for my brother, or just to have a spare device in case the USB-C/Thunderbolt connector would get broken some day.  

*1: https://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/sites/com/1809251.htm (german)

*2 http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04937793.pdf:

(9) ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) expansion slot Allows you to connect accessories such as a keyboard or power supply using the POGO pin connector.

Thank you

and best regards,

Marc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.