01-13-2017 05:17 PM
Hello everyone, I can do this upgrade? Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP EliteBook 850 G2?
01-13-2017 05:37 PM - edited 01-13-2017 05:49 PM
If your computer is a "desktop" computer, it should be a "no-brainer".
The USB port on your computer would supply power to the keyboard to run the back-lights.
But, since you have a notebook, you'll have to find a keyboard that physically matches the size of your current keyboard, and then hope that the notebook's motherboard will supply electrical power to the back-lights.
This sounds like a tough task!
>> Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard; optional back-lit keyboard keeps you productive in low-light settings
lists that such an option is available, or maybe, was available when this model was first manufactured.
Keyboard with backlight and pointing sick for use only on HP EliteBook 850 G2 Notebook PC and HP EliteBook 750 G2 Notebook PC computer models (includes backlight, keyboard, and pointing stick cables):
For use in Canada
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot