Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 As105TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My Laptop Model is HP Envy 15 As105TU.
My laptop coming with 8 GB memory RAM.
Now I want to update it to 16 GB RAM.
I want to know that, Is there any slot to add more 8 GB Ram. If It can possible What will be RAM configuration to buy.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @stnoman,

Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips from experts in the community. I reviewed your post and understand that you need information regarding memory upgrades. It will be a pleasure to assist you. 🙂

A commendable job was done by attempting it before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with technically competent customers like you. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

We definitely value your relationship with HP tremendously. We appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

You’ve done your research copiously.:) Going by the product specs from the service maintenance guide, the notebook can be upgraded to

16GM of RAM.

Two memory slots, nonaccessible

Support for DDR4-2133

Dual Channel

Support for up to 16-GB

maximum onboard

Link for maintenance guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05219344 Please check chapter 1 page 2 for more information regarding this from the service maintenance guide.

Pl Memory modules (2):

8-GB (2133, 1.2-V, DDR4) 820448-858

4-GB (2133, 1.2-V, DDR4) 820447-858

2-GB (2133, 1.2-V, DDR4) 851227-857

Please refer chapter 3 page 20 for more information on part numbers and the type of ram modules listed and supported.

Please note that HP does not recommend upgrading either the operating system or the computer’s hardware as the components that were initially installed with the unit are certified by HP for optimal performance.  

However, as you are very technically inclined, I would still request you to consult a local Best Buy or Staples technician before proceeding to upgrade the unit.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Trust me I have done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @stnoman,

Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips from experts in the community. I reviewed your post and understand that you need information regarding memory upgrades. It will be a pleasure to assist you. 🙂

A commendable job was done by attempting it before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with technically competent customers like you. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

We definitely value your relationship with HP tremendously. We appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

You’ve done your research copiously.:) Going by the product specs from the service maintenance guide, the notebook can be upgraded to

16GM of RAM.

Two memory slots, nonaccessible

Support for DDR4-2133

Dual Channel

Support for up to 16-GB

maximum onboard

Link for maintenance guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05219344 Please check chapter 1 page 2 for more information regarding this from the service maintenance guide.

Pl Memory modules (2):

8-GB (2133, 1.2-V, DDR4) 820448-858

4-GB (2133, 1.2-V, DDR4) 820447-858

2-GB (2133, 1.2-V, DDR4) 851227-857

Please refer chapter 3 page 20 for more information on part numbers and the type of ram modules listed and supported.

Please note that HP does not recommend upgrading either the operating system or the computer’s hardware as the components that were initially installed with the unit are certified by HP for optimal performance.  

However, as you are very technically inclined, I would still request you to consult a local Best Buy or Staples technician before proceeding to upgrade the unit.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Trust me I have done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @stnoman,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can i update RAM of Envy 15 As105TU - 8 GB to 24 GB, mean while one slot fill with 8GB and 16GB module on second slot. Please let me know the above mention System details support these changes. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.