Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (77 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can I Upgrade my Graphics Card

Product Name: HP Pavillion 15t
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to use my laptop to run games every now and then but I feel that my graphics card isn't good enough. Is there any way I can upgrade it?

I have ann HP Pavilion notebook and the model no. is: 15t-ab200

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I Upgrade my Graphics Card

@SpitFire1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but unlike desktops, which use cards, laptops have chips that are soldered directly to the motherboard or system board, or come in the form of "modules".

Only a very limited subset of HP laptops actually allow the replacement of processor, audio, video or WiFi "modules" and, as far as I can tell, yours is not one of these models.

This means there is really no way to upgrade the video, WiFi, or processor on your laptop. You're stuck with what came with the PC.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (64 Views)

Re: Can I Upgrade my Graphics Card

@SpitFire1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but unlike desktops, which use cards, laptops have chips that are soldered directly to the motherboard or system board, or come in the form of "modules".

Only a very limited subset of HP laptops actually allow the replacement of processor, audio, video or WiFi "modules" and, as far as I can tell, yours is not one of these models.

This means there is really no way to upgrade the video, WiFi, or processor on your laptop. You're stuck with what came with the PC.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation