Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP, 
I would like to upgrade my CPU from Intel Core i5-7200U to Intel Core i7-____. Is it possible? I tried to find the "Maintenance and service guide" for my laptop specifically (HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX), so that I could look at all of the components that can be replaced, but I did not succeed.

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@alexandracaron 

No, it is embedded (soldered) to its system board (with available) with new CPU, new iGPU new dGPU (if applicable), and new Windows License.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@alexandracaron -- is your computer similar to this: HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac023dx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

According to its specifications, this system has an Intel i7 processor.

How much of an improvement do you want to get?

How much money do you want to spend to purchase an Intel i7 ?

EDIT: I did not see the posting that states that the CPU is soldered to the motherboard.  So, ignore my suggestion.

HP Recommended

@alexandracaron wrote:

Hi HP, 
I tried to find the "Maintenance and service guide" for my laptop specifically (HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX), so that I could look at all of the components that can be replaced, but I did not succeed.

Thank you very much!

HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC Model numbers: 13-w000 - 13-w099 Model numbers: 13-ac000 - 13-ac099 M...

not this one ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.