Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP omen 15-dh0008ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I add HDD to HP omen 15-dh0008ng, it got 512 GB SSD & 32 GB Optane. so I need to know if it has a slot for HDD or not ?

Thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So it has a 512 gig 2.5 inch SATA SSD and an Optane module? The Optane module is an M.2 SSD and is occupying the second storage spot. The only way to do it is to remove the Optane module and replace it with a larger capacity NVME M.2 SSD.

See p. 34 of the Service Manual:

Manual 

If you install an NVME M.2 SSD and move Windows to it you will no longer need the Optane acceleration to speed up the 2.5 inch SATA SSD. The NVME M.2 will be significantly faster than the current arrangement. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your reply 

Yet I saw this laptop in the deep below link and I can see that it got these for storage.

• 1 x 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • 1 x 32 GB Optane

So I suppose the 512 GB is also M.2 and the Optane module is also an M.2 SSD. so I'm just confused if this means that this machine got two M.2 slots and it has also a slot and space to add HDD or not ?

https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/omen+by+hp+15+dh0008ng+gaming+notebook

HP Recommended

That configuration is not possible on this machine. There is a single M.2 slot so it cannot have both an NVME M.2 and a 32 gig Optane. The SSD has to be a 2.5 inch. Do you already have this laptop or are you just thinking of buying it?

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm just intending to buy it but I don't understand why HP set the Optane with with SSD which is already fast. to the best of my information that Optane helps in having faster performance if it's linked to HDD however adding it with SSD is not gonna have a huge impact on performance. also the SSD got only 512 GB in this Laptop however it's better to have an HDD with 1 or 2 TB.

That's why I was thinning that it will be better it it's possible to add HDD to this laptop. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.