Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like to know about upgrading the OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
It comes with 1 TB SSD. I want to know if I can add a second 2TB SSD in the second slot to create a total of 3TB.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Predetc 

Machine has TWO M.2 slots for NVMe SSD's . You can add a second M.2 NVMe SSD to your machine. In theory the capacity is very high but practically 2TB is OK because of physical limitation. In short: you can add 2TB to the second slot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Predetc 

Machine has TWO M.2 slots for NVMe SSD's . You can add a second M.2 NVMe SSD to your machine. In theory the capacity is very high but practically 2TB is OK because of physical limitation. In short: you can add 2TB to the second slot.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for the response!  Just to make sure (because HP support said I can't and also shows only 512 GB each), I can have 1 TB in one slot and 2 TB in the other?  The bios does not limit it for this motherboard?

HP Recommended

@Predetc 

Probably they read a book elsewhere. The book says one configuration is 512GB + 512GB for RAID 0. Your machine has SINGLE 1TB therefore if you wish to run RAID 0 you need 1TB, not 512GB as they said.

But you wish to add more space, not to run RAID 0 therefore you do not need same capacity as slot 1.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

@banhien

Thanks.  I am just learning about this.  I don't know anything about RAID 0.

So for my configuration, you are saying I already will have 1 slot that contains a 1 TB SSD, and then I can install on my own a new 2 TB SSD drive like this:   Adata - XPG - S7 Series 2TB PCIe Express 3.0 Gen3 x4 (NVMe) M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
Model:AGAMMIXS7-2TT-C?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-2tb-internal-pci-express-solid-state-drive/6356719.p?skuId=6356719

I would also like to upgrade the memory.  Will this be fine?

CORSAIR - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2PK x 16GB) 3.2 GHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Memory Kit - Black
Model:CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-vengeance-lpx-32gb-2pk-x-16gb-3-2-ghz-ddr4-dram-desktop-memory-...

Thank you so much for your patience and willingness to help!

HP Recommended

@Predetc 

I normally refer to Crucial

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-omen-15-en0023dx

Because

(a) They have many options,

(b) and These upgrades are guaranteed compatible when you order from Crucial.com 

You can buy their products from all good computer shops.

Regards,

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the reply!

I am buying this for a non-profit ministry, so I'm trying to find something that is as cheap as possible while still being quality.  Does it matter if the 2TB SSD is 1-sided or 2-sided?

HP Recommended

Final solution:
I ended up getting the

Sabrent Rocket NVMe 2TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 SSD

and

Crucial 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4 3200 MT/s (PC4-25600) SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT2K16G4SFRA32A

Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.